Excellent movie!
Had the opportunity to view the premiere of this movie in Youngstown, Ohio, with Ray and Mark Kriegel, the author of the book, present. For those of us who were a fan of Ray, this film completes his story. A touching film, it showcases Ray in the spotlight, but gives due credit to Kim and his family. It was, and still is, a fascinating story, told in Ray's words. I highly reccomend this film to anyone who was a fan of Ray's, or in boxing in general....
Moving...
I don't seek out documentaries, I guess because of all the ones I've seen that have an agenda, an angle, and I feel like I'm being hustled, manipulated. I saw the trailer for this one, however, and took a chance, which is really what you're doing when you consider the limited nature of time and money. I would pay to see this film again. It is the moving story of a man coming to terms with the life-and-death nature of his trade and the weight of responsibility that can come, unsolicited, into a person's life, never to leave. It is ultimately, though, a story of endurance, reconciliation, and hope. I cannot recommend The Good Son highly enough.
Good choice
Well done documentary, which boxing fans especially will love. Thought provoking and heartbreaking as well. Would recommend to all, nothing offensive except one f word for all audiences.
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment