Saturday, September 14, 2013

Allycat the Ballet Cat 1



A big hit with 4-year old
We love the Prima Princessa dvd series, and this makes a great addition. Instead of introducing a young child to a particular story ballet, it shows them a ballet class with students and dancers of various ages and skill levels. The words of encouragement about being a healthy, strong dancer (not just a thin dancer) and that every dancer is and should be unique are priceless. As an adult, I really appreciate the creator's back story of her coming to love ballet as an adult and wanting to share that love with children. I thought the pacing of the dialogue and the conceit about two dancing cats might not convince my child, but I was very wrong! She loves it and hasn't stopped watching it since she opened her birthday present 3 days ago! Create a Volume 2, please!





Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment