pleasantly surprised a very worthy follow up...
I wasn't a big fan when Dice was a big thing. I was busy with life and the only comic I continued to follow from childhood was George Carlin. I did note the fanatical following but also the equally fanatical backlash. I ended up meeting him one day and realized what a nice family man he was and also that he had to be clever to create such a popular and polarizing character so I investigated,picked up some old CDs and DVDs and was entertained. I did notice a big fall off in quality after his big MSG show however, the DVDs after that really were bad imitations of his earlier act and even his shtick was a bit laughable. Being a big fan of comics I decided to give him another try and as you can see bought this from Amazon.com.
I guess they plan on selling these at shows and through the mail only because it comes in a paper sleeve so thin you may not even believe a DVD is inside. the show is a bit slim as well coming in under 50 minutes ... with opening bits etc. BUT, it is a...
the dice is swingin'!
Maybe I totally forgot... yeah, that must be it. I remember watching Andrew Dice Clay back in 1996. That was when I was becoming a teenager and my dad and his ex-girlfriend were debating if I was old enough to watch it. I was 14. They eventually gave in and let me see it... and I haven't been right since! Now, 15 years later, he's back! I had NO idea Andrew Dice Clay actually took time off from the big stage all these years. I did often wonder what happened to him. He had a sitcom I believe, and I'm pretty sure it never became much of a success. Obviously he couldn't be himself on such a show, which means it was destined to fail.
Anyway, if you're worried that Andrew Dice Clay has mellowed out in his old age, you are 100% wrong! Indestructible shows a man STILL extremely talented, still remarkably inappropriate (for *all* age groups, hehe!) and still obsessed with sexual-related humor. As we all are... and don't lie! The sexual stuff is why you're watching this...
God show..
I just received this and just watched it. It is very entertaining. A bit raw and vulgar but he does do it in a fun way. Overall I found it worth the time just to hear some very funny things.
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment