Excellent movie
Although the language is stated as English above, most of the dialogue is in Armenian - with subtitles. I don't speak Armenian, although I know a lot about the culture being married to an Armenian, and I found the movie to be highly amusing and entertaining. However, my Armenian speaking family were in hysterics through much of the movie. I gather that the subtitles do not translate the Armenian humor very well. Some may view it as stereotyping Armenian villagers in a negative way, but you need that kind of exaggerated character portrayal for slapstick comedy to work.
Fantastic movie
Hysterically funny! I'm ashamed to say I needed to watch a bootlegged version online as they never showed it in the UAE, but I've made amends by ordering 5 copies
Diamond in the rough
I liked Lost and Found in Armenia. It's bit SNL at first, with a bit of foreign non-Hollywood non-polish. It's coarse. It's immersion in a different world. It's taking the bus instead of a plane.
The plot is light, and it's good old-fashioned melodrama a la The Russians Are Coming. In fact, combine that with Doc Hollywood and you get a sort-of sideways sense of the plot. But I don't like reviews that actually drag you through the plot. So I won't.
The movie can be enjoyed on the surface because, even though it's sometimes painfully and sometimes happily low budget, the cinematography is artistic and "sets" are unique. The plot has some predictability and some twists, but an engaging progression. There are: gentle slapstick, melodrama, and for those who like eye candy, a uniquely gorgeous heroin - again - exotic beauty, not glamour. But all are presented with kind and gentle hands.
If you want to go a bit deeper, then there are layers of...
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment